<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Corners15-Blue-01 BannerTop   Corners15-Blue-02
  BannerPicLeftBannerPicRight

Phil Mercer

 
TallYellow01  
You are in the Mercers Tedium Blog
TallYellow02
 

 

 

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Salt

 




I've arrived in Auckland and spent a couple of days swinging my body clock in to some kind of shape!

I remember so little of the last time it's been nice to get to know the place again.


Earlier I took the ferry out to Waikeke, a stunning island of bays and beaches about 40 minutes from the city centre. I set off for a 10k ish walk about. All very pretty although it was quite grey. The heat and humidity was hard work though. What's more the noise in the forest was incredible. The high pitch tsssss of crickets and other insects was almost enough to give me tinnitus! It definitely helped remind me I was somewhere far away from home!

This is the route I took

It's true to say that I have defaulted to travel mode and am haunting the take aways - I do hate eating alone! It's amazing the difference UK rules on how much salt should be in things have made! I find eating fries almost impossible here - they have so much on them. But I love fries! Argh!

I wonder if it really is improving our health - it's certainly affected the flavour. It will be interesting to see if the sugar police will be able to do the same!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright Phil Mercer 2010